Everyone is using a USB headset.
- Phone headsets sound awful.
- Music headphones pick up too much background noise.
- Laptop audio picks up way too much background noise.
Everyone mutes their audio when they’re not speaking.
- It reduces the overall background noise on the audio.
Everyone has joined from their own computer.
- It’s difficult to hear remotely what’s going on in a room, typically the remote people get a worse experience than the people in the office.
Everyone has their video switched on.
- Be brave and be the first person to switch the camera on.
We’re using a tool that works without a complex client installation (appear.in, Google Meet) so everyone is on time.
Everyone is actually listening so that when a question, they can answer.
Everyone is on WiFi.
- Being on the receiving end of someone joining a video call on their phone’s mobile network is awful.
Everyone is in a quiet place.
- Public transport isn’t the ideal place to take a business call.
- Loud distractions (ping pong, music, people) ruin calls.